In India, a washing machine is considered to be an essential appliance and is found in every home. Having a washing machine eliminates the need for manually cleaning your clothes. Washing machines help to save time and reduces the physical effort of washing clothes.
Best Washing Machines in India
There are many different types of washing machines available in India. Each machine differs from the other by its features, capacity, and price. A thorough study of all the different models is recommended to make a comparison.
Fully-Automatic Washing Machines
The fully-automatic washing machines offer an ease to the user as the entire wash program runs automatically. The user need not spend time checking up on his laundry. The fully-automatic washing machines have built in washing programs which can be selected by the user according to his preference. Some washing machines also come with in-built water heaters which heat the water for the wash cycle. The fully-automatic washing machines are more expensive when compared to the semi-automatic washing machines.
LG 6.5 KG Inverter Top Loading Fully-Automatic Washing Machine
Model Number – T7581NDDLG
Price Rs. – 20990
- Inverter Motor – This washing machine has an Inverter motor. With this feature, the machine adjusts its power consumption based on laundry weight. The washing machine takes only the required power needed for the wash cycle. In the event of a power cut, the washing machine pauses the wash cycle and resumes it after the power comes back. This feature helps to save power consumption and reduces the user’s power bill.
- Long Motor Life – The LG Inverter washing machine has a long motor life as it has BMC protection. The motor is completely surrounded and there is no gap between the tub and machine walls. This feature does not allow dust, insects or humidity to get into the motor. The motor remains durable for a long time.
- Turbo Drum – This washing machine has a turbo drum which provides powerful washing. The water streams into the rotating drum and wets all the clothes uniformly. The pulsator moves in the opposite direction of the drum and ensures a thorough wash. Tough stains, dirt, and bacteria are effectively removed in the wash.
- SmartThinQ App – The LG washing machines seldom develop a problem. But in the event of any problem, the user can connect to the SmartThinQ App to raise a complaint. This app eliminates the need for calling the customer service to lodge a complaint.
- Smart Closing Door – The lid of the LG Inverter washing machine cannot be closed down with force. The washing machine has a smart closing feature in which the lid closes down on its own. This feature ensures that the lid closes softly and remains safe from damage.
- Tough Stain Removal – The LG Inverter washing machine also features a Punch + 3 system. This system creates water streams in vertical levels. The laundry is mixed up and down and this gives an even washing for all the clothes in the tub.
- Stainless Steel Drum – The laundry drum of the LG Inverter washing machine is made of stainless steel. The drum remains rust-free for a long time. Bacteria and germs do not get accumulated in the washing drum. The stainless steel drum has a long life when compared to plastic washing drums.
- Tub Clean – The Tub Clean feature of the LG Inverter washing machine ensures a hygienic wash every time. This feature allows the user to sterilize both the inner and outer tub. This helps to remove bad odor and bacteria from the washing tub and gives a perfect wash.
- Pauses washing cycle – A unique feature of the LG Inverter washing machine is its pause function. If the washing machine faces a power interruption, it pauses the program. The washing cycle continues after the power comes back. This feature saves the user from checking on the laundry in the event of a power cut.
- Child Proof – Children often try to operate the washing machine when it is in use. This may affect the functioning of the washing machine and also damage the control panel. The LG Inverter washing machine has a child lock setting which prevents this. The childproof feature ensures safety and prolongs the durability of the machine.
- Suitable for families with 3 to 4 members
Samsung 6.2 KG Fully-Automatic Top Load Washing Machine
Model Number – WA62M4100HY/TL
Price Rs. 12890
- Eco Tub Clean – The Samsung fully-automatic washing machine has an Eco Tub Clean feature. This feature notifies the user when the washing tub needs to be cleaned. This feature ensures that the tub remains bacteria-free and hygienic always. The Eco Tub Clean allows the user to clean the washing tub without using harmful chemicals. The user is guaranteed a clean, hygienic wash every time.
- Air Turbo – The Samsung fully-automatic washing machine has an Air Turbo feature. The clothes get dried a lot faster with this feature. The Air Turbo feature rotates the drum to extract more water for effective drying. Clothes are dried faster and much more effectively with this feature.
- Magic Filter – The lint collector feature is called the Magic Filter in this washing machine. This filter is located in the washing tub and it collects lint from the clothes during the wash. This helps to make the clothes clean and the pipes lint-free.
- Tempered Glass– The lid of the washing tub has tempered glass which is strong and durable. The glass allows the user to view the laundry while it is being washed.
- LED Display – The Samsung fully-automatic washing machine also has an LED display. This display shows the wash cycle status and the time left.
- Easy UI – The control panel has simple buttons and controls that are easy to use. The washing machine can be easily operated by anyone.
Haier 5.8 KG Fully-Automatic Top Load Washing Machine
Model Number HWM58020S
Price Rs. 9499
- QuadraFlow Pulsator – In many washing machines, the clothes often get tangled after a wash. The Haier washing machine has a QuadraFlow Pulsator. This feature does not allow the clothes to get tangled during the wash cycle. This feature ensures that the detergent reaches through to all the clothes. As a result, all the clothes are thoroughly cleaned.
- Fuzzy Logic– The Haier fully-automatic washing machine is equipped with fuzzy logic technology. The high tech sensors in the machine measure the weight of the laundry load and washing time needed. Depending on that the machine takes in the required amount of water. This feature helps to conserve water and reduces the user’s bills.
- Compact Size – The Haier washing machine does not occupy much space as it has a compact design. This washing machine can easily fit in small spaces in your home. The washing machine is designed to give it a good stability. The machine’s weight is adequately supported so that it does not wobble during the wash cycle.
- 700 RPM – The Haier fully-automatic washing machine runs at a speed of 700 RPM. This allows the machine to deliver efficient cleaning and drying.
- Quick Wash – This model offers the user a quicker washing time with its faster wash programs. The user can also schedule his wash cycle for a later time. The machine will start the selected wash cycle at the selected time slot. The wash schedule feature saves the user’s time as he does not have to remember the chore.
- Digital Display – This washing machine has a digital display screen. The screen displays the options selected by the user for the laundry. Washing cycle options like spin speed, rinse hold, and quick wash are shown on the display screen.
- Steel drum – The Haier washing machine has a stainless steel washing drum. The drum remains rust-free and durable for a long time.
- Washing programs – The Haier fully-automatic washing machine features six separate washing programs. The programs can be selected according to the fabrics in the wash. Washing programs for fabrics like cotton, synthetic, mix are available for the user. Other programs inlcude eco, pre-wash, quick wash, daily wash, rinse and spin.
LG 6 KG Inverter Front Loading Fully-Automatic Washing Machine with Inbuilt Heater
Model Number FH0FANDNL02
Price Rs. 22990
- Touch Panel – The LG Inverter washing machine has a waterproof touch panel. The seamless design of the panel helps in ensuring that it looks good. The waterproof feature keeps the touch panel damage-free and durable.
- Tough Stain Removal – The LG Inverter washing machine has a 6 motion direct drive technology. This technology allows the washing machine to move the laundry in many directions. This feature allows the detergent to be distributed evenly through the laundry load. This unique feature ensures that even the most stubborn stains and dirt are also removed.
- Less Noise – Washing machines make noise during the washing cycle. The LG Inverter washing machine is designed to make the least amount of noise. In this model, the motor is directly attached to the washing drum. This results in less noise, less vibration and a long life for the washing machine.
- Non-Allergenic – People with allergies often take special care while doing their laundry. With the LG Inverter washing machine, they can now have hygienic and clean clothes. The in-built heater allows the users to wash their clothes in hot water. Users can wash their clothes at 40 degrees and then rinse them at 60 degrees. This process will help in removing any leftover detergent residue, bacteria or enzymes.
- Tough Stain Removal – The LG Inverter washing machine has a built-in water heater. This allows the user to wash their clothes with hot water. The hot water makes it easy to remove tough stains and to keep the clothes free from allergens. The water temperature can set to upto 60 degrees for the best results.
- Stainless Steel Drum – The washing drum of the LG Inverter washing machine is made of stainless steel. The drum remains rust-free even after prolonged use. The drum also resists bacteria and germ buildup and gives a clean, hygenic wash every time.
- Tub Clean – The Tub Clean feature of the washing machine helps to keep the washing drum bacteria-free. With this feature, the user can sterilize the washing drum with water heated at 85 degrees. Both the inner and outer tubs can be cleaned with the Tub Clean feature to ensure a hygenic wash.
- Pause – The Inverter feature in this washing machine is a great feature that saves time. This feature allows the machine to pause its washing cycle during a power interruption. The washing cycle resumes automatically after the power comes back on. The user need not check up on the status of the wash cycle after the power comes back on.
- Child Proof – The control panel of the LG Inverter washing machine features a child lock setting. This feature helps to avoid any damage to the machine. By switching on the child lock feature, the user can avoid any interruption in the wash cycle by children.
Bosch 7 KG Fully-Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine with Inbuilt Heater
Model Number WAK24168IN
- Reload Function – Most washing machines have lids that do not open after the wash cycle starts. The Bosch fully-automatic washing machine has a reload function. This function allows the user to open the lid during the wash cycle. The user can add in more clothes while the wash cycle is going on. This feature is a great asset for the times when the user has forgotten to put in all the clothes needed for washing.
- Free water filter – The Bosch fully-automatic washing machine has its own water filter. This feature is a boon for users who have a problem with their water supply. Unclean or hard water that is used for washing can be filtered with this water filter. This filter can be attached to any tap and helps to ensure a hygenic wash everytime.
- Water pressure– The Bosch washing machine has a design that allows it to work with low water pressure. The machine can work as usual even if the water pressure is low. This is a great feature that helps users who live in areas which are prone to water problems. The machine works well with low water pressure of 0.3 bar also.
- VoltCheck– The Bosch fully-automatic washing machine has a VoltCheck feature. This feature allows the machine to run smoothly even during voltage fluctuations. During low voltage, the washing cycle is paused and it resumes when the power stabilizes. Power cuts or low voltage do not affect the performance of this washing machine.
- Biggest drum in segment – The Bosch washing machine has the biggest washing drum in this segment. The big drum gives an advantage for the user. It allows the clothes to get a good, free movement and results in better washing.
- Water Conservation – Water consumption is also regulated by the Bosch washing machine. The machine adjusts the water level according to laundry weight and wash cycle. This feature helps to conserve water and avoids wastage.
- Less noise and vibration – The Bosch washing machine has great stability. It does not move or wobble during the wash cycle. There is less vibration during the wash and the machine also produces lesser noise. This washing machine has a low noise level of 49 decibels.
- SpeedPerfect – Users of the Bosch washing machine can finish their laundry quickly. The washing machine has a SpeedPerfect feature which saves time. This feature provides a quick, clean and hygienic wash at a quicker time.
- VarioDrum – The washing drum of the Bosch washing machine has a unique design. The washing drum helps to remove tough stains while treating the clothes gently.
IFB 8 KG Fully- Automatic Front Load Washing Machine with Inbuilt Heater
Model Number Senator WXS
Price Rs. 34080
- Air bubble wash – The IFB washing machine has a unique air bubble wash feature. In this feature, millions of air bubbles go deep into the fabric for effective cleaning. This feature ensures that the dirt is removed and the clothes are cleaned thoroughly.
- Aqua Energie – Another great feature of the IFB washing machine is the Aqua Energie feature. This is a built-in filter treatment device of the washing machine. This device dissolves the detergent to give softer wash to the clothes.
- Ball valve – The IFB washing machine has a ball valve technology to conserve detergent. The floating ball valve helps the washing machine to let the water out and keep the detergent in. This prevents wastage of the detergent and helps to ensure a better wash.
- Schedule Wash -Users of the IFB washing machine can schedule their wash. This washing machine has a unique feature that allows the user to select a time for future wash. The user can schedule his wash from anywhere between 30 min to 24 hours. This feature helps the user to save his time as he does not have to do his laundry at a particular time.
- Auto Balance – The IFB washing machine evenly distributes the clothes in the washing drum. This ensures a perfect wash every time as the detergent and water go through all the clothes.
- Voltage protection – The IFB washing machines can be used even during low voltage. The voltage protection feature of this washing machine protects it from damage. With this feature, the machine monitors the power voltage during the wash cycle. The voltage protection feature pauses the wash program during low voltage. The wash program resumes after the power stabilizes.
- Child lock – The child lock feature on the IFB washing machine keeps the machine durable. With this feature, children will not be able to open or operate the control panel during the wash cycle. The child lock feature ensures child safety and protects the washing machine.
- Laundry Add – The IFB washing machine has a great feature called the Laundry Add. This feature allows the user to open the lid during the wash cycle. This feature allows the user to add in any forgotten laundry during the wash cycle.
Semi-Automatic Washing Machines
Washing machines which require the user to handle the clothes in between the wash cycle are called semi-automatic washing machines. The semi- automatic washing machines cost lesser than the fully-automatic washing machines. The semi-automatic washing machines have two different tubs; one is the washing tub while the other tub is used for rinsing and drying the clothes. The user has to manually moves the clothes from the wasing tub to the rinsing/drying tub to complete the washing process.
Whirlpool 7.2 KG Semi Automatic Top Load Washing Machine
Model Number Ace Supreme Plus 7.2
Price Rs. 9290
- Lint Filter – The Whirlpool washing machine has a built-in lint filter located in the washing tub. The lint filter collects lint so that the clothes come out clean and the pipes remain clear.
- Impeller – The Impeller on the Whirlpool washing machine helps to remove dirt. The Impeller gives a perfect motion to the laundry and provides a clean wash.
- Inbuilt Scrubber – The Inbuilt scrubber in the Whirlpool washing machine helps to get rid of the dirt. The clothes rub against the scrubber in the washing tub during the wash cycle. This movement helps in removing tough stains and dirt from the clothes.
- Multi-utility tray – The Whirlpool washing machine has a multi-utility tray for convenience. The tray can be used for transferring clothes from the washer tub to the dryer. The excess water from the clothes will fall back into the washing tub through the special vents on the tray.
- Ace Wash station – The Whirlpool washing machine also has a big counter space. This space can be used to sort and fold clothes easily.
LG 6.5 KG Semi-Automatic Top Load Washing Machine
Model Number P7559R3FA
Price Rs. 10299
- Roller Jet Pulsator – The LG Semi-Automatic washing machine has a Roller Jet Pulsator. This pulsator provides better friction to the clothes during the wash cycle. The washing tub rotates more and ensures all the dirt is completely removed.
- 3 wash cycle – The LG Semi-Automatic washing machine has 3 inbuilt washing programs. The wash cycle programs include Gentle wash, Normal wash, and Strong wash. Depending upon the laundry, the user can choose the appropriate wash cycle.
- Rat away– Most semi-automatic washing machines get damaged by rats as they get into the pipes. The LG washing machine has a 3mm rat repellent cover that prevents such damage. This makes the machine truly durable.
- Spin shower – Clothes can be rinsed during the spin cycle in the dryer tub. The spin cycle showers the clothes with water while rotating. This helps to remove any leftover detergent residue from the clothes effectively.
- Collar Scrubber – Shirt collars often need a good scrubbing by hand to remove all traces of grease and dirt. The LG semi-automatic washing machine has a built-in collar scrubber. This scrubber ensures effective dirt removal from shirt collars.
- Lint collector – The LG semi-automatic washing machine has a lint collector. This device collects lint from the clothes after the wash cycle is completed. This ensures that the machine’s pipes remain lint-free. Clean pipes help to give an effective wash every time.
Samsung 6.5 KG Semi-Automatic Top Load Washing Machines
Model Number WT657QPNDPGXTL
Price Rs. 9350
- Rust-Proof – The Samsung semi-automatic washing machine has a plastic body. The washing machine remains rust-proof and durable even after prolonged use.
- Big Wheel – The Samsung semi-automatic washing machine has big wheels. The washing machine can be moved from one place to another without much physical strain.
- Caster wheel – The Samsung semi-automatic washing machine also has caster wheels. These wheels are hidden and are not visible from outside. The caster wheels and the big wheels make it easy to move this washing machine.
- EZ wash tray – The Samsung semi-automatic washing machine has an EZ wash tray. This tray allows the user to scrub his clothes to get rid of stubborn dirt or stains. The EZ wash tray helps to ensure a clean wash.
- Soak Function – The Samsung semi-automatic washing machine has a pre-soak function. Pre-soaking is a great way to ensure that all the dirt comes out from the clothes during the wash. Pre-soaking gives better cleaning results.
- Air dry – The AirTturbo drying system of the Samsung washing machine is a great feature. With this feature, the user can dry his clothes faster. The excess water comes out during the rapid spin cycle. The unique design of the dryer lid allows air to pass through the dryer making them dry faster.
Choosing the right washing machine
Buying a washing machine that meets the needs of a household is an important task. The user has to choose the right model with the required features that suits his needs.
Important Points to Remember
Here are a few things that you should keep in mind before selecting a washing machine for your home.
- Usage – Keep in mind the number of people who will use the washing machine. The age of the user/users is also an important factor as elderly people might find some washing machines difficult to operate.The washing machine must be user friendly so that anybody in the home can operate it. The control panel must be easy to operate. The machine body must be strong enough to withstand prolonged use.
- Water – Before choosing a particular model of washing machine, check the availability of water in your home. Fully-automatic washing machines require a continuous and fixed water supply to function properly. If there is no option in the home for a fixed water supply, then a semi-automatic washing machine would be a good choice. A washing machine also needs clean water to ensure a hygienic wash. If your water has impurities or is hard, then the machine might get damaged. It is important to look for a washing machine that has proper features like water filters or water softeners to work well in this situation.
- Power – To ensure that the washing process gets completed smoothly, it is essential to have an uninterrupted power supply. If power cuts are common, then a washing machine which works with low voltage or has an in-built inverter would be a good option.
Different Models of Washing Machines
Based on how the user loads the laundry – There are two different models of washing machines available in the market. The user can also choose the model which is best suitable for him.
- Top Load – These washing machines have an opening at the top for loading laundry. The user can drop in the laundry by opening the lid given at the top. The top-load model is available in both fully-automatic and semi-automatic washing machines. The top-load machines are a great buy for users who have health issues or elderly. The top-load washing machines do not cause much physical strain to the users. They do not have to bend down to place or remove the laundry.
- Front Load – The front-load washing machines have an opening on the front side. The user has to bend down to open the door and place his laundry in the tub to start the washing process. The front-load washing machines available only in fully-automatic models.
Based on how the washing machine functions – Washing machines can be classified into two types depending on the way they work.
- Fully-Automatic Washing Machines – These machines, as the name suggests are fully-automatic. The fully-automatic washing machines only have one tub for the entire washing process. All the user has to do is drop in their laundry in the washing tub. Select the appropriate washing program and take the clothes out after cycle finishes. Washing, rinsing and drying cycles run according to the program selected.
- Semi-Automatic Washing Machines – These washing machines do not complete the wash cycle. The semi-automatic washing machines need the user to get involved in the process. The semi-automatic washing machines have two different tubs. One tub is for washing the clothes while the other smaller tub is for rinsing and drying. The user needs to move the laundry from one tub to the adjoining tub to finish the washing process.
Now i thing you already choosed and buy your best washing machine. Now its time to thinking about its installation. We assure you just dont thing about it beasuce amazon already have a policy about installation and demo for any home appliance. For perticular washing machine just check the below image.
Also if you have any other quary about installation then read Amazon installation & demo guide here.